3.22.2012

Companions and Confidants

DISCLOSER: Semi-sappy post coming your way
(Hope you're good with feelings and stuff...)


Lately I've been realizing what STELLAR people I have my life. You know those people that you can just rave on and on about because you love them so deeply or because you think they're the coolest ever? Yes, I'm talking about them! And I tend to overlook the lengths that these individuals go to in order to be as awesome as they are. The listeners, the time givers, the servers, and the honest whole truth-tellers: these are the people that we need in our lives. They keep us grounded and keep our sanity in tact. They are the blessings in our exhaustingly busy lives, and I thank God for that!




So... what to do? Encourage these exceptional human beings! And heck, give back to them as well. They deserve some lovin'. I feel extremely fortunate to be surrounded by people who will challenge me and build me up. I feel at my absolute best when I'm with them! And it's a good sign when they can look past my exciting combination of 'awkward and lame' in certain situations too (eehhh). 


Bottom line


"There are 'friends' who destroy each other, but a real friend sticks closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24 (NLT) 


"The right word at the right time is like a custom-made piece of jewelry. And a wise friend's timely reprimand is like a gold ring slipped on your finger. Reliable friends who do what they say are like cool drinks in the sweltering heat---refreshing!"
Proverbs 25:11-13 (The Message)

1 comment:

  1. Love this post Laura!! Very very good!!

    Lauricia Wall (Ashley & Olivia's little sister.)

    ReplyDelete