3.17.2012

Africa, here we come!

Good afternoon all!


First blog, first entry and the firsts keep on coming this year!


And speaking of firsts...


In a week's time my family and I will be leaving for Kenya, Africa. SO CRAZY. It will sure be a new experience for my brother and me. However, I don't think it has sunk in that we will be flying across the world next saturday. Nope, not yet. Our itinerary is rather amazing too, consisting of safaris, potential orphaned elephant encounters (I know!!!) and most exciting of all, meeting the Rendille people. 


My dad works for Samaritan's Purse as Regional Project Manager for Africa and Latin America. He was our connection to this opportunity! He is currently overseeing a project in a remote village called Korr (in northern Kenya) that provides food for children. The little ones need their nutrients! So we're going to check it out and help with the program if we can.

I am excited to see the faces of those beautiful people.
I am thrilled to be able to learn from and encounter them. 
I am anticipating the strong connections that will be made.
I am hopeful that God will be working in their lives.



Check out the rest of this guy's pictures. They are seriously incredible.      http://www.flickr.com/photos/mytripsmypics/

No comments:

Post a Comment